A very high reading may represent a toxic amount of the mineral in the hair and/or in the body tissues in general. In the case of a toxic metal, any deposition or accumulation in the hair indicates some degree of toxicity.
High levels of toxic metals inhibit the body’s ability to process and assimilate specific nutritional elements that are essential to good health. They also have a proven link to many types of diseases.
Research shows that trace minerals and metals are accumulated at concentrations that are 10-50 % higher in hair.